- A more modern design. When we started our house hunt, we really wanted a house with a modern design sensibility. But existing homes and new home construction in Delaware are more built on traditional lines, especially those who are in developments. Yes, I know we could have done what we have wanted if we built outside a development and with a custom home builder but our kids are really young, we wanted them to have playmates close by so we chose to be in a development. In my mind though, our next home will be built by them.
- A bigger lot area. Our current lot size is just a hair over 1/4 acre. Nuff said.
- Solar panels on the roof. Solar panels are not allowed under current HOA rules.
- Vegetable garden. Vegetable plots are also not allowed under current HOA rules. But hey, maybe I can incorporate herbs and some vegetables in the landscaping.
- Rain water and grey water collecting system. This is something we will definitely explore once we settle in the house.
Monday, October 1, 2012
I wonder how many of us who have chosen to build with Ryan Homes consider the homes they are currently building to be the ONE. You know the forever house, the one you will grow old in. For me and hubby, we are leaning towards a "no". We have our reasons and a lot of it does not have anything to do with RH (It's not you, it's me...). We have a wish list of what we would want in our dream house and they include: