- The tile, vanities, countertops, mirrors and hardware for all the bathrooms are done. Ubatuba granite in the master bath looks good. I kinda wished we had done granite in all the bathrooms. The framed glass showers in the master and 1st floor guest bath looks cheap. I didn't know that soap dishes were included with the ceramic tile. I don't like it. I've asked the PM to have them removed.
- The central vac is already installed. I am looking forward to using this in the new house.
- The kitchen cabinets are also up. I was second guessing myself about choosing Scottsdale espresso cabs for the kitchen but with them installed. I am loving them. One of the base cabinets doors is cracked, they have to replace that.
- Crown molding for the foyer, crown molding and chair rail for the formal dining room are installed. The molding really makes both areas look finished. Hubby was surprised at how much he liked the look.
- The fireplace mantel is done also. It is pretty but is kinda puny in my opinion. This will be a future project for us but in the meantime it is acceptable.
- Thermostats are up. The Verona only came with 1 thermostat standard but we insisted that they add another one for the second floor.
- The hardwood staircase is in. It needs to be stained though. My husband is loving the look of the naked wood though.
- All the appliances are delivered but not installed yet.
- Lastly, they have finished installing all the hardwood throughout the 1st and 2nd floor of the house. I was there when they were in the middle of doing the flooring in the family room. Sunlight was streaming into the windows and it made the floor gleam! I loved the effect.
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Very late update.
Although we have been visiting the build site at least once a week, I haven't been updating this blog. Life has been hectic, to say the least. Anyway, as of last Saturday, this is what have been done: