Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Moving, luck and family.

If you have been reading my blog, you know by now that we have closed on the house last Tuesday.  We did have a small hiccup which delayed closing for a couple of hours but in the end everything worked out and we got our keys.   According to my mom, the next day, December 5, was an auspicious (lucky) day for moving.  But since we were not ready to move at all, she told me to bring rice, salt and a broom to the house.  Rice is said to symbolize prosperity, salt is said to bring spice to your life and a broom is needed to sweep away bad luck.  Although, I am not superstitious by nature, I still brought all those to the house on that day, and doing so made it feel like my mom is here with me and not thousands of miles away. 


1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful gesture, Carly from your mother. What do you do when you get to the house with the rice, salt and broom? If you would rather email, feel free to do so on proctorhousehold@gmail.com. I would love to know how this process works. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete